THE FT SEA OTTER is taking the sea by storm... and the AIR by surprise!!
This plane is "Otter-ly" amazing! Whether you are flying off water, snow or land this the SEA OTTER does it all! The newest model from Peter "Mad Scientist" Sripol brings the sea plane design to a whole new light. Peter designed this plane to allow for newer pilots to be able to have a simpler design for a better overall sea plane intro experience. This might not be a "FIRST PLANE" for most people, but it is definitely a great intermediate option! This plane flies wonderfully and feels great in the air and looks great on the water. We hope you have as much fun flying it as we did! So, grab one and let us know in the review section below about your experience... LET'S FLY!
- 1x FT SEA Otter Foam Airplane Kit
- 4X long push rods
- 1X firewall
- 4x bbq skewers
- 4X control horns
- 2X popsicle sticks
- 1X Flitetest Velcro STRAP
- WEIGHT WITHOUT BATTERY: 15.1 oz (428 g)
- CENTER OF GRAVITY: 2.5” (64 mm) from leading edge of wing
- CONTROL SURFACE THROWS: 12 ̊ – 16 ̊ deflection – Expo 30%
- WINGSPAN: 40 inches (1016 mm)
- RECOMMENDED MOTOR: 370 sized 1200 kv minimum
- RECOMMENDED PROP: 8 x 4.5 prop
- RECOMMENDED ESC: 18 – 30 amp minimum
- RECOMMENDED BATTERY: 1800 mAH 3s minimum
- RECOMMENDED SERVOS: (4) 9 gram servos
FT Sea Otter - Build
Please watch recent build videos before removing any paper from the foam! Some videos may use white foam board, which is no longer available and has now been replaced with water-resistant foam board.