FT Explorer MKR2
RC Airplane Build Kit
The FT Explorer is designed like most other training RC planes, but with swappable parts, it can be modified to grow with the pilot.
FT Explorer MKR2
The FT Explorer carries all the simple lines, features, and characteristics that you will find with many of the most common and successful trainers, such as the Hitec Easy Star, the Sky Surfer, and of course, the Hobbyking Bixler series. The difference is that the motor, wings, tail section, and nose can all be swapped, reconfigured, or changed out to allow you to discover the performance changes of a new design. Our hope is that the community will design, learn, and share what they have created, so others can learn and grow. Just like the Mighty Mini Tiny Trainer, The FT Explorer comes with 2 wings, one for 3 channel flight and a sport wing for faster 4 channel operation. Both the B and C motor packs (c packs need 9x6 propeller) can be used on the FT Explorer to go from a light and slow trainer to a strong performing FPV platform or sport trainer.
FT Explorer MKR2 Specifications
- Weight without battery: 1.08 lbs (493 g)
- Center of gravity: 2.25" (57 mm) from leading edge of wing
- Control surface throws: 12 deflection - Expo 30%
- Wingspan: 57" (1447 mm)
Recommended Power Packs
- POWER PACK B V.2 - a lighter set up and is great for a lightweight trainer setup on the explorer.
- POWER PACK C V.2 - a heavier more powerful setup that will give you more extreme performance and plenty of power to carry extra FPV gear. Requires 9x6 propeller.
FT Explorer MKR2 Videos
*Please watch recent build videos before removing any paper from the foam! Some videos may use white foam board, which is no longer available and has now been replaced with water-resistant foam board.*