Introducing the XRay 225mm Tilt-Rotor FPV platform, the fastest forward acceleration, toughest, and easiest to fly FPV platform ever made. The XRay tilt-rotor exclusive flight control dynamics, provides an easy , fast and fun to fly FPV platform.The results of this are extreme fast forward acceleration, quick 180 degree turns, and even backward flight ( Yes it can actually fly backwards). All of this the easiest way possible thanks to our patent pending asymmetric thrust vectoring technology. With the XRay, you can really enjoy flying at any place, at any speed, while maintaining the camera pointing towards where you want to go. So get ready for some serious flying experience that only the XRay will be able to provide you.
The XRay was completely designed from the ground up to be a durable high-performance tilt-rotor FPV platform. Move the radio sticks towards where you want to go, and our innovative control logics takes care of the rest. No more extreme camera angles on hovering, while going fast forward or even while flying backwards. The key to the XRay is what we call ‘Asymmetric Thrust Vectoring’. Through extensive testing we have discovered that by tilting the propellers asymmetrically we are able to optimize the benefits provided by motor tilting and achieve superior performance like not seen on other product before. We even made a XRay tilt control configurator that will allow you to control all of the flight characteristics to set it up to your flying control preference.
Our frame design goal was to provide fully enclosed electronics, as light as possible but that could also withstand many crashes experienced in everyday flying. It also provides mounting space for an HD camera such as the GoPro session, mobius, RunCam, and legend 2. The tilting mechanism was designed to be crash proof to give you peace of mind when flying and crashing.
VTOL Hybrid - AimDroix Xray Quad | Flite Test
- The frame side plates are made out of durable 2mm carbon fiber
- Arm damage reduction mechanism. ( Uses 4.5mm thick carbon fiber and shear bolt mechanism)
- Aluminum tilt control gears.
- Highly durable metal gear servos.
- Enclosed FPV camera for full crash protection
- Low CG battery location to provide a more stable flight.
- Lightest tilt-rotor frame in the world. (200g). 420g ready to fly weight without battery.
- Servos are pressed into the side plates. Removes the stress from the screw tabs, making the housing of the servo the area that supports all the load.
- Innovative crash feature. The 4.5mm thick arms are supported by just two bolts that works as a crash folding mechanism. To prevent damage to the arm, and reducing the chance of damage to the rotating shaft on high impact crashes, the inner low strength bolt will break, allowing the arm to fold.
The center plates supports the mounting of all of main electronics. A thin carbon fiber plate was designed to cover the main electronics to give it a nice clean look.
The VTX is mounted on a accessible area so that you are able to easily change video channels on the go.
The XRay configurator is used to flash the flight controller with the XRay firmware, and to adjust multiple XRay Tilt -rotor-specific controller parameters. You can still connect your XRay to the standard Cleanflight configurator found in the Google Chrome web store in order to adjust general cleanflight parameters.
DIY ARF KIT INCLUDES:
- XRay Frame with servos
- AimDroix Skyline32 Flight controller; 32-bit ARM micro processor running at 3.3V / 72MHZ.
- BLHeli-S 25A ESCs (high-performance MCU) with 5v/12v 3A BEC PDB .
- Emax RS2205 two 2300kv and two 2600kv racing motors
- DAL 5045 red and 4045 black Triblade V2 bullnose props
- 1000 VTL CCD FPV mini camera
- 200mw 40ch VTX with raceband
- Wire harness building materials; Heat shrink, red braided wire protector, zipties
- Exclusive XRay Tilt-rotor Configurator License
This DIY kit will include all of the materials to build the XRay tilt-rotor setup that we have reached after over a year of testing this awesome FPV airframe.
Recommended Battery: 4s 75C 1300mah (can use up to a 4S 1800mah battery)
HD camera: Runcam V1 or V2, Mobius, Gopro Session, Foxeer Legend 2