May need a redesign.
This was my 12th FT design built, 5th from a kit, and it was built using the recommended power pack from FT. First off, the build process is a breeze. No problems there. And of course, it looks awesome, because...CORSAIR! But like many others, I couldn't get it to fly very well. I set the CG at 1.5", because I'm still a pretty new pilot. I had to add 18 grams of lead in the cowl to get it balanced with a 2 cell. It felt really heavy, and flew the same. I wasn't able to climb at full throttle, and initiating a turn caused it to spin into the ground. I switched to a 3 cell and was able to take 4 grams off the front end, while moving the CG forward a quarter inch. With the extra juice, I could do a slow climb, but it was still really hard to control, and I spent more time walking to the crash sites than actually flying. One good this about it is that it is very durable! I angered it in over a dozen times, and only needed prop changes to try again. I may try to build a bigger version in the future to get a bigger power train in, but probably won't do this in kit or scratch again when there are so many other great FT designs that are easier to fly. This one is cool looking, but either needs a redesign, or a follow up video after figuring out why so many of us are having the same problems.