This is a HobyZone float set for the HobbyZone Super Cub LP electric airplane. If you have progressed past the teach-yourself-to-fly stage and are looking to add even more excitement to your RC flight experience, the Super Cub float set is the perfect option. This lightweight, Z-foam™ float set includes a larger prop (10x8) to maximize the performance of the Cub on floats.
These floats are a Zone 3 product, and are not recommended for beginners due to the difficulty of flying off of water.
- Pre-built and sealed Z-foam™ for remarkably easy installation
- Packaged with all mounting hardware, including pre-bent wire struts
- Can be utilized with original Super Cub thanks to included rear float mount
- Weigh 5.5 ounces (150 grams)
- Includes a high-performance 10x8 propeller
This product was added to our catalog on June 2, 2009
Cons: The floats do interfere with the battery door on the Carbon Cub S2 - it's possible to swap the battery, but it's a bit of a pain. Also, the phillips-head screws holding the support rods are a very tight fit and the screw metal is soft and strips easily. It takes significant pressure to install the screws, to the point that I was concerned that I'd crush the floats. Once assembled, it's fine, but don't plan on taking it apart for easier storage. I'll probably swap out for hex bolts to make this possible.