The HobbyZone Bind-N-Fly AeroScout S makes learning to fly a radio controlled airplane easier and more fun than ever before! This plane is an ideal trainer due to it's very durable design and the exclusive SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology. SAFE helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. It also features Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes so you can choose the level of stability and control you need at the flip of a switch.
- Ready for use with your compatible Spektrum DSMX®/DSM2® equipped transmitter, battery and charger
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Powerful and efficient brushless power system for excellent performance and long flight times
- "Pusher" power configuration for improved safety plus better propeller and motor protection
- Oversized tires and steerable nose wheel for easy takeoffs and landings on grass and other surfaces
- Capable of aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- Lightweight yet extremely durable EPO construction perfect for first-time pilots
- Full line of replacement/spare parts available
Wingspan: 43.1" (1095mm)
Overall Length: 34-1/4" (867mm)
Flying Weight: 27.8 - 29.5oz (0.79 - 0.84kg)
Motor Size: 2306-2250
Radio: 5-Channel Radio system minimum
Servos: 8g sub-micro digital
Trim Scheme Colors: Orange/Gray
CG (center of gravity): 2-5/8 - 2-3/4" (67 - 70mm) back from leading edge of wing measured at the fuselage
Prop Size: 5 x 4.5 Bullnose
Speed Control : 30A included
Recommended Battery: 3S 11.1V 2200mAh LiPo with EC3 or IC3 connector (sold separately)
Control Throw (Ailerons): 0.51" (13mm) High, 0.4" (10mm) Low
Control Throw (Elevator): 0.39" (10mm) High, 0.24" (6mm) Low
Control Throw (Rudder): 0.59" (15mm) High, 0.39" (10mm) Low
Approx. Flying Duration: 12 - 15 minutes
Is Assembly Required: No
- (1) HobbyZone AeroScout S 1.1m with:
- (1) 30A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (4) Sub-Micro Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ AR636 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Needed To Complete:
- Full-range 5+ channel Spektrum DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 3S 11.1V 2200mAh LiPo battery with EC3™ or IC3™ connector
- Compatible LiPo battery charger
However I will not order anything that ships via FedEx in the future.
Moving parts to a new body was easily acomplished.
Note that this model comes both in a RTF and a BNF version, which ironically both require assembly, so neither is actually ready to fly. Instead, what RTF means is that you get the radio, battery, and charger with the RTF version, and the combo deal is quite good (saving you over $50 versus buying separately), so if you don't already have a radio, definitely go with the RTF version. Another advantage of that version is that Horizon Hobby appears to be shipping a lot more of it, as the BNF version has been sold out virtually all of summer 2019, and I got in on what was likely the last shipment of just a couple of units.
One little tip regarding assembly - the aileron servo leads are not keyed, so it's easy to install them in reverse whenever you're re-attaching the wing, which will lead to them not working. What you have to do is match the colors up as best you can - they unfortunately aren't coded correctly either, but going dark to dark and light to light works (I believe it's brown to black and white to yellow).