The stock Cub is a legend for its gentle flying characteristics and abundant availability. Searching for a low-cost basic aerobatics alternative, inspired pilots modified the design into an entirely new aviation sensation. The E-flite® Clipped Wing Cub 1.2m park flyer features crisp scale detail and goes beyond the essence of the souped-up variant with inspiring versatility, and an abundance of power. As a result, you get the freedom only a Cub and deliver and the excitement of a hotrod in disguise.
The E-flite Clipped Wing Cub 1.2m is a “Cub Lover’s” must-have. Unlike many scale models with this level of detail, assembly only takes the turn of a few screws. The one-piece wing has outstanding rigidity for aerobatics as well as installation ease. Authentic aluminum wing struts offer fold-away convenience and install with quick-release hardware. Up front is the essential scale component no Cub should be denied— intricate engine detail with the signature flare of cooling baffles. Hidden inside is a powerful brushless motor system that delivers outstanding throttle response and the kind of vertical performance full-scale Cub pilots can only dream about. Functional shock-absorbing landing gear accessorized with matching strut covers and balloon-shaped wheel pants help you handle this beauty on the ground like a pro. Just like the real thing, this park flyer has friendly handling for scale flight that’s relaxing. But all you have to do to wake this sleeper is firewall the throttle and unleash the aerobatics animal within.
- A classic aerobat with authentic looks and great power
- High-power brushless motor with a robust 40A ESC
- Simple one-piece wing features rigid composite reinforcement
- Fold-away aluminum struts with quick-release hardware and storage
- Intricate scale engine, propeller and surface detail
- Shock-absorbing landing gear with scale covers and wheel pants
- 4-channel control with four micro servos installed
- Lightweight and durable EPO foam construction
- Large front, top hatch makes battery changes simple
- Optional float set makes float plane conversion easy
- Fits a wide range of 3S LiPo batteries from 2200–3000mAh
- Vibrant, high-visibility paint scheme
- Functional Scale Detail: Cub lovers will appreciate the intricate detail of the exposed engine cylinders and cooling baffles. But what sets this scale park flyer apart is the functional shock-absorbing landing gear that articulates with concealed springs and is finished off with matching strut covers and fitted wheel pants. In addition, you get top-access for battery installation that maintains the scale outline and allows you to install the flight battery quickly.
- Great Power: The power system features a high-speed 10-size brushless outrunner, a robust 40-amp ESC and a 2-blade propeller that combine with your 2200–3000mAh 3S LiPo battery to deliver thrust that helps this Clipped Wing Cub perform well beyond the basic aerobatics flight envelope with ease.
- Durable Design: Construction with durable EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail in a lightweight form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that’s easy to maintain and allows the most satisfying flight experience possible to shine through.
- Fold Away Wing Struts: The wing features a rigid, one-piece design that connects to the fuselage with just a single screw. The aluminum struts lock into position with quick-release hardware and fold away into clips at the wing center section for storage and transport.
- Optional Floats: You can turn this classic into a fun float plane simply by adding the optional Float Set (HBZ7390 sold separately). All it takes is the turn of a few screws and you can enjoy the serenity of flying from the local pond or lake.
- Bind-N-Fly® Convenience: As an E-flite Bind-N-Fly Basic RC replica, you can enjoy air superiority in no time at all. The Clipped Cub BNF Basic is equipped with Spektrum 2.4GHz technology that's ready to bind to a 5+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter so you can be ready to fly within minutes of opening the box.
Wingspan: 49.25" (1250mm)
Overall Length: 38.7" (985mm)
Wing Area: 405 sq In (26.2 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 48 ounces (1360 grams)
Motor Size: 10 Brushless Outrunner
Radio: 4+ Channel
CG (center of gravity): 60-70mm Back from Leading Edge at Fuse
Prop Size: 12X8
Recommended Battery: 3 cell 2000-3000 Lipo (sold separately)
Control Throw (Ailerons): 13mm up and 13mm down (Low) 20mm up and 20mm down (High)
Control Throw (Elevator): 13mm up and 13 mm down (Low) 20mm up and 20 mm down (High)
Control Throw (Rudder): 20mm left and 20mm right (Low) 30mm left and 30mm Right (High)
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- (1) E-flite Clipped Wing Cub BNF Basic
- (1) Spektrum AR636A Receiver
- (1) E-Flite 40A ESC
- (1) E-flite 10-Size Brushless Outrunner Motor
- (4) Spektrum 9-Gram Micro Servos
- (1) User Manual
Needed To Complete:
- Full-range, 5+ Channel DSMX/DSM2 Transmitter
- 2200–3000mAh 3S LiPo flight battery (EFLB22003S30 recommended)
- Compatible LiPo charger
This product is expected to become available for purchase and ship on Thursday, November 12 2020
So now the plane has a broken prop, that broke in flight, a bent prop adapter, don't know if it was bent when i got it or due to the fall, but it is a slight bend, and a broken motor mount, which i can't tell if it was damaged in the fall or when it violently vibrated in the air. And one of the wing struts mounting point broke.
I've had several other plans from eflite, and 3 helicopters, I've always been happy. But due to getting not one, but 2 defective planes in less then 24hours, and then having to wait a week to find out that the defect on the second plane (cub) wasn't the only one and is going to cost me like 60$to fix, sure is not that much money, but for a plane I spent 200$on and barely got it off the ground?? I don't know what happened to quality control but apparently it's not what it used to be.
1 major issue....
The landing gear. It's very weak. The suspension system seems to be a good idea, but it's missing some "beefiness". I broke the spring on a butter-on-bread landing. Naturally, the landing gear is on back-order (everyone is breaking it), so I'm going to try to "bush plane" my landing gear.
5 stars if the landing gear was better.