This is the Castle Creations Talon 25 Brushless ESC. This compact controller can keep it’s cool even during the most extreme 3D maneuvers. Talon 25 is intended for use in most 400-size helicopter setups running up to 6S LiPo or your favorite 3D foamie that pulls up to 25 amps. Despite it's size, it boasts an impressive 8 amp peak/3 amp continuous BEC, keeping even the most draining servos at ease. Talon 25 also offers Castle’s industry-leading helicopter functions, not to mention easy programming using the Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free Castle Link included). Talon 25 tips the scales at a mere 18 grams!
Talon 25 Specifications:
*RC HOBBY APPLICATION RATING:
- Input voltage:
- MIN: 2S LiPo
- MAX: 6S LiPo
- Max continuous amperage at full throttle: 25 amps*
- BEC voltage (voltage regulator for powering radio and servos): 5.5 volts
- BEC output:
- 8 amp peak**
- 3 amp continuous (always check servo draw prior to first flight)
- Width: .72" (18.2mm)
- Length: 1.72" (43.7mm)
- Depth: 0.32" (8.1mm)
- Weight (with wires): 0.63 oz. (17.9g)
- Weight (without wires): 0.28 oz (7.9g)
- Items needed for operation or installation: Battery and motor connectors (sold separately)
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free Castle Link adapter included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
25 amps for the duration of a single 4,000 mAh battery pack with the ESC in contact with a 5 mph airflow of 25C (77F) or cooler air. Controller temperature must never exceed 100C (212F). Exceeding current or temperature ratings may damage components and may shorten the life of the ESC. Always verify system current draw at full-throttle. Decrease load or increase airflow to decrease the ESC’s operating temperature.
Peak indicates amperage sustainable for most servos’ current draw transients. Always confirm servo current draw before the first flight of the model.
This product was added to our catalog on December 2, 2013