This is the Align T-REX 450L Dominator 6S Super Combo Helicopter Kit, including the MicroBeast Plus Flybarless Controller. The incredible T-Rex 450 has been a trend setting helicopter since its introduction. In fact, there is a good chance that every long time enthusiast has probably owned at least one! Now the T-Rex 450 evolution continues, with even more innovative design features, known as the T-Rex 450L Dominator. It is an ideal model for pilots of every skill level.
T-Rex 450L eliminates the impression people have on T-Rex 450. With material integration technology utilized on side frame design, and has features previously found only on larger models, such as battery mounting rails, top mounted motor, 700E DFC type main bearing block with integrated servo mounts, the 450L shares a striking resemblance to larger contest grade models. The frame reinforcement plates not only improve the helicopter’s overall rigidity and anti-torsion characteristics, the beautiful red anodizing also creates highly pleasing aesthetics. In addition, the T-Rex 450L cleverly expands on the core concepts of T-Rex 450 Pro designs, to carry on the heritage of its design excellence.
The 450L is equipped with the DFC flybarless head assembly, resulting in even better flight stability. The 460MX (1800kv) motor is optimized for 6S voltage, and was tailor made for the T-Rex 450L DOMINATOR. When paired with RCE-BL45X brushless speed controller, the motor has superior efficiency, high power output, extreme torque, and low current, low temperature.
With cutting edge design concepts and top grade electronics, T-Rex 450L Dominator surpasses traditional flight performance with higher stability, extreme power, superior control feel, yet maintains the convenience of a smaller size machine.
MicroBeast Plus Flybarless Controller
The MicroBeast Plus is based on the popular MicroBeast and is leading the next generation of the BeastX flybarless revolution. MEMS sensors of the latest generation measure the aircraft‘s rotational movement with unprecedented precision, and transmit the data digitally in real time to the control system. These sensors are insensitive to typical vibrations of a model helicopter. The housing made of plastic composite material keeps the weight of MicroBeast PLUS sensationally low.
- Equipped with the DFC flybarless head assembly, with extremely low CG design to minimize wind resistance while providing more direct control feel. In addition, the main rotor head block and spindle design have been incorporated as standard feature.
- Carbon side frame plates utilized composite material integration technology, featuring integrated battery mounting rails. The clever use of open spaces within the frame resulting in a structure that is both rigid and aesthetically pleasing. In addition, the T-Rex 450L cleverly expands on the core concepts of T-Rex 450Pro designs, to carry on the heritage of its mature design of excellence.
- Designed with direct servo CCPM control, and a single piece main bearing block with integrated servo mounts similar to that of T-Rex 700E DFC, for simplified servo installation and clean aesthetics.
- Included 460MX (1800KV) motor is tailor made 6S voltage and the T-Rex 450L DOMINATOR, featuring superior efficiency, high power output, extreme torque, and low current, low temperature.
- Includes RCE-BL45X electronic speed controller,capable of 2S-6S lipos, with switching BEC featuring variable voltage adjustment between 5V-6V.
- Frame reinforcement plates were added to effectively increase frame rigidity and increase anti-torsion ability. Classic red anodizing increases overall aesthetics of the helicopter.
- Battery mounting plate with battery latching design, along with integrated mounting rails in side frames to simplify battery installs while protecting them.
- Swash anti-rotation guide with embedded anti-wear material, effectively minimize the wear between swashplate long ball and guide.
- Vertical rudder servo mount design for closer CG, increasing the sportiness of 3D flights.
- Added tailboom support bridge design to increase the rigidity of the overall tailboom/support assembly.
- Tail is made from competitive material using special embedded carbon technology for enhanced structural strength and excellent visibility.
- Tail blade grips with thrust bearing design, dramatically increase rudder precision and tail locking effectiveness, while increasing the longevity of bearings.
- Dual point supported tail control assembly for slop free tail, improving rudder resolution and control precision.
Main Blade Length: 360mm
Main Rotor Diameter: 804mm
Tail Rotor Diameter: 171mm
Motor Drive Gear: 11T
Main Drive Gear: 121T
Autorotation Tail Drive Gear: 106T
Tail Drive Gear: 25T
Drive Gear Ratio: 1:11:4.24
Weight (w/o power system): 730g
- T-REX 450L DOMINATOR Set
- (1) MicroBeast Plus Flybarless System
- (1) 360 Carbon Fiber Blades
- (1) RCE-BL45X 45A Brushless ESC
- (1) 460MX Brushless Motor (1800kv)
- (3) DS450 Digital Servo
- (1) DS455 Digital Servo
- Transmitter (6-channel or more, helicopter system)
- Receiver (6-channel or more)
- Pitch gauge or Digital Pitch Gauge
- 6S LiPo 1100mAh-1400mAh battery
- Compatible battery charger
This is a very stable heli that is extremely capable. All components worked great. The micro beast fbl unit is pretty good and easy to learn with a YouTube video or two. And I can adjust quickly and easy.
I have almost 150 flights with no mechanical maintenance issues. With 6s I was impressed how cool everything is after hard 3d. I had drained a battery doing only tick tocks and motor, controller, and batt were pretty warm but not hot to the touch.
I do have one gripe though. The speed controller is acting strange and hesitates for 5 seconds or so when switching to idle up 2. It did not used to do this and it started about 60 flights in. Not sure why. I've owned 3 trex combo kits in the past and never experienced this before. I've always upgraded my helis but with my larger much more expensive helis I thought I'd keep this guy stock and use this to get jitters out and practice. I am swapping controller out for Hobbywing 50 amp.
This is a is a great deal for a very fast machine! Simply can't go wrong here with this purchase and I would highly recommend this heli.